Attorney Standards & Discipline
As part of its responsibility to supervise lawyers and in the interest of promoting public confidence in the legal system, the Iowa Supreme Court has procedures for addressing complaints concerning alleged violations of the Rules of Professional Conduct.
Please note: The procedures for investigating and evaluating ethical complaints and disciplining attorneys are not a substitute for appeal.
In this section you will find the following information:
- Recent attorney disability and disciplinary orders
- Rules governing the professional conduct of Iowa lawyers
- A summary of Iowa's attorney disciplinary procedures
- Information about lawyers who have been the subject of discipline
- An attorney request form for a certificate of good standing
- Information about attorneys licensed in Iowa